>…and we go way back.
I love summer. This one in particular, for obvious reasons (husband). I have never been so happy to see thunderstorms, rain and warmer temperatures. I assure you, I will not mind the heat in El Paso.
Here are some reasons I’m in love:
- You can sleep in. However, I did wake up at 5:15 on my own this morning and actually felt rested. What is wrong with me?!
- You can stay up till all hours reading.
- You can go swimming and not freeze when getting out of the pool.
- I love the smell of sunscreen
- I love how the sun lightens my hair.
- I love how the sun tans my skin… and by tan I mean burn. Hopefully this summer will be different.
- I hate shoes, so summer is perfect for wearing next to no shoes.
- I love wearing flowy, summery prints and colors. I’m definitely investing in some more knit dresses.
- I love thunderstorms, though I was taught a healthy, and sometimes irrational fear, of them.
- I love waking up to rain and thunder.
- I drink iced tea like it’s water.
- I love having summers off. Yes, that’s one big reason I became a teacher.
- My paycheck is spread out over the entire twelve months. Nice.
- The Fourth of July is a lot of fun… all of the W’s stake out our spot at the park at like 3PM and eat, play games and hang out until the fireworks start. It’s a fun tradition that I hope to continue with our kids, no matter where we are.
- Vacations are fun.