>1. God is who He says He is.
2. I am who God says I am.
3. God can do what He says He can do.
4. I can do all things through Christ.
5. God’s Word is alive and active in me.
Those are from Believing God by Beth Moore.
6. Sorrow may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning.
7. I may be at my wit’s end, but for God, a wit’s end doesn’t even exist.
8. God loves me and wants the best for me.
9. From Patrick’s message this morning, a true worshipper seeks to do the will of God.
10. I am a true worshipper; I worship in Spirit and in truth.
11. “Humble King, You go before me..” (Hillsong) The Lord goes before us and prepares us for what lies ahead.
12. My body is a living sacrifice and a temple of the Holy Spirit.
Those are my current truths I am striving to live by.
About once a week I feel like I hit a huge brick wall, similar to the Great Wall of China. I feel like I can go no farther in my faith. I’m tired, I’m weary of waiting, I have no patience to spare for my situation. I’m tempted to slip back into my hole of depression and feel sorry for myself.
But remembering what the Lord has done (Psalm 126) makes those tendencies into foolishness. Only fools continue in their folly.. I continue in the truth and love of the Savior. I can have faith because I have faith in a timeless and unchanging God. When I can continue no longer, He picks up the slack. “The road is narrow but the burden is light.” It’s a narrow road to walk in the Way, but thankfully the Lord picks up our burdens and carries them for us, purging us of our need to carry it all on our tired shoulders.
“Humble King, You go before me. By your grace I live by everything that’s true.”